Fall 2020 Information
To add 1 unit of COMM 80, use a section number and a course number from the list below. Select numbers on the same row.
You don't need an add code to sign up for COMM 80.
COMM 80 is a flexible, one-unit credit/no credit opportunity to enrich and enhance your oral and written communication skills!
Enrollment & Requirements
- Enroll in any open section of COMM 80 using MySJSU. You don't need an add code to sign up for COMM 80.
- Complete a 30-minute course orientation at the beginning of the semester.
- Complete your choice of three activities, any combination of self-paced online modules (available through Canvas) or online workshops. There are no other required meetings or exams! You pick the three activities that best suit your communication needs. See the COMM 80 Syllabus from Spring 2020.
- Work smarter, not harder! If you're taking a public speaking class (such as COMM 20/20N/40, etc.) or any class with multiple speeches, COMM 80 will help you prepare your speeches AND will partner you with a public speaking tutor (Speech Coach).
- Do you need to petition for excess units to add class?
If you are at your unit limit you may complete an "Excess Units Petition for Undergraduate Students" form. The form asks you to include a short statement describing why you need each of the courses you are currently enrolled in AND those they are seeking to add. You may write this for COMM 80 if you are taking it along with COMM 20: “COMM 80 is needed to provide supplemental instruction and support for my public speaking class (COMM 20).”
If you're interested in learning more about COMM 80, visit us in the COMM Center or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.